Strangers - Depeche Mode Forum

Random DM talk, everything that won't fit in any other topic can be posted here (:

« Older   Newer »
Devoted=Lipbalm
view post Posted on 3/5/2010, 16:46

I have to admit that Im so lazy when it comes to following these DM news etc, especially now that there isnt much going on after the tour ended...
Before, like a couple years ago, when I was really obessing over DM, I could have spent hours doing it, searching pictures and news etc etc, but now I really dont even care that much image Im a terrible fan lol!

Angelinda
view post Posted on 4/5/2010, 21:45

I know, but during the tour I was so used to reading so much new information that I hardly had to search for it, and now that the tour is over, I kinda miss reading all kinds of new stuff about them, so I search for it. I'm hoping that it will subdue since I sometimes let it go in the way of doing my homework. But then again, I have only 2,5 weeks of class to go, and then I'm on a 3 month break!
Plus I'm trying to keep this forum going, since it's still kinda empty in my opinion. It doesn't seem like too much of a DM forum.

They really need to return asap... :(

Angelinda
view post Posted on 15/5/2010, 23:17

Just found pictures of Dave and Fletch way back, photos by Vince Clarke's girlfriend from that time, Deb Danahay:

Dave looks so young, he must've been about 18... :)

~Sister of Night~
view post Posted on 17/5/2010, 13:16

Whoa, baby Dave :XD: Thanks for sharing!
I wonder if that's the family?

Angelinda
view post Posted on 18/5/2010, 00:07

Well no, the descriptions of the photos mentioned some other names, all unfamiliar to me. Deb Danahay is in the last photo, though.

Angelinda
view post Posted on 18/5/2010, 01:40

Holy. Crap. Just found this.

One fragment form interview with DM (Record Mirror, 29th September 1984)
Did you know that Andy Fletcher of Depeche Mode has the world’s tiniest nipples? As Martin Gore explains, “Fletch, apart from being in a quite successful band, has also got the smallest nipples in the world.”

“They’re like two freckles,” Dave Gahan offers helpfully. Andy, obviously hurt by his colleague’s disloyalty, tries to explain. “They’ve just never grown. But they’re not that bad.” This is too much for Martin.

“They are, Fletch,” he tells him. Men can be cruel sometimes.

“You’re a weird guy, Fletch,” Dave adds cheerfully. It doesn’t cheer Andy up.

“I just haven’t got very big what-do-you-call-its.” The assembled minds boggle at just what Andy can be talking about. “The round bit… the dark bit around it,” he clarifies.

“That IS your nipple, Andy,” Dave tells him in a tired voice.

“Ni-pol,” Martin adds, emphasising each syllable with obvious glee.

“No it isn’t,” Andy pleads, looking more confused than when he started. Dave, meanwhile, has obviously taken pity on his friend. “I’ll talk to you later Fletch. Man talk. I’ll give you a few books on the subject.”

http://allthisrunningaround.tumblr.com/pos...m-record-mirror

~Sister of Night~
view post Posted on 18/5/2010, 17:44

Well that was an enlightening read, to say the least................

"Men can be cruel sometimes" :hihi:

Eagly92
view post Posted on 18/5/2010, 21:32

haha I was momentarily consumed by a strange desire to stare at Fletch's nipples *hides* :woot:

~Sister of Night~
view post Posted on 18/5/2010, 23:13

Haha, I just started looking for relevant pics in my DM folders :X I hope such pics exist

Angelinda
view post Posted on 20/5/2010, 00:42

This is the only photo I know of that has one of his ni-pols on it. There is another shirtless photo of the same photoshoot, but the frame is cut off right above his ni-pols. And I've seen two other pics in which he lifts his shirt, but reveal no ni-pol.
To be honest, I don't think his ni-pols look weird in that pic. Maybe they've grown in the 6 years between the interview and the taking of the photo. Or maybe it's just his right ni-pol (which cannot be seen in this photo) that is ridiculously small (hence the knee).

P.S.: "Nipple" should from now be written as "ni-pol".
P.P.S.: Can't believe I'm posting this comment. I'm so glad he's never gonna see this.

Angelinda
view post Posted on 20/5/2010, 11:42

Moving on to another topic, I figured that you might want to download a promo photo of DM,m which is insanely big. It's about 12 Mb, and is about 5000 x 7000 pixels. Once you've clicked on the link, you'll see a preview. I'm sure you've seen the photo before, but it really is huge!

www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?quickkey=jwzm1yyeiky

Devoted=Lipbalm
view post Posted on 24/5/2010, 16:10

:poke: ni-pol

Angelinda
view post Posted on 4/6/2010, 23:03

There's a rumour going on that there might be another Dave Gahan solo work coming up. The reason for this rumour is because of something that Martyn LeNoble, the bass player for the Paper Monsters tour, wrote on his twitter page:
"I'm having a great time writing music wIth Herr Eigner."

Dave has said before that he'd like to write songs together with his Paper Monsters band. And although Christian Eigner and LeNoble surely must have met during the TotU Tour without the presence of Dave since LeNoble played for Soulsavers while they were DM's support act, I think it would make more sense if Dave was the main catalyst for Lnoble and Eigner's writing.

Angelinda
view post Posted on 6/6/2010, 20:35

A member of the HOME forum posted that new photos of DM have showed up. A photographer took some promo photos of DM in '84/'85, but a few never got released. Now he's put them on his website, since he figures that they never will be bought anyway. Here are the pics:

Angelinda
view post Posted on 11/6/2010, 22:17

Somebody uploaded a photo yesterday of Martin Gore visiting a record store in San Fransisco:

Source:
http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/yKcYipdlL5G...at3OsSe6HBjCrwv

41 replies since 1/4/2010, 18:54   19796 views