Strangers - Depeche Mode Forum

Who do you think like rocks like really hard?

« Older   Newer »
Devoted=Lipbalm
icon10  view post Posted on 18/3/2010, 21:11

Idea is to post songs you really are into at the moment :rock: :yes:

Florence + The Machine, very very cool :party:

unspotted
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 11:28

Calvin Harris - Flashback

Devoted=Lipbalm
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 15:04

^Very nice song to dance to!

And this one's too; Edward Maya featuring Vika Jigulina - Stereo Love

unspotted
view post Posted on 19/3/2010, 20:59

^that one's great too

La Roux definitely are the best thing to happen to music in 2009 right after Invaders Must Die.

Edited by unspotted - 19/3/2010, 22:33

Devoted=Lipbalm
view post Posted on 20/3/2010, 19:16

I fell in love with Junior Senior maybe 5 years ago, when I heard Move Your Feet. Now I've started to listen to them again, and just love this song, Can I Get Get Get. :D :party: Listening to this makes me so happy! :D

the music video is made of video clips their fans sent them :D

~Sister of Night~
view post Posted on 23/3/2010, 22:33

^ Ha, I had never heard anything else by those guys besides Move your feet! This song was pretty cool too :D

Heeeeere's The Radio Dept. - The worst taste in music

You cant dance to it, but you can relax to it :yes:

~Sister of Night~
view post Posted on 18/4/2010, 10:52

Isn't this the most kickass addictive thing you've ever heard?!

Angelinda
view post Posted on 20/4/2010, 21:58

Last night I decided to make a list: it was going to be the top ten ultimate favourite songs of my ultimate favourite artists or bands. Only one song per artist/band, no remixes, no covers, no solo work of bands that are already in the list. It took me a lot of time to get it all together. First I had about 30 songs, and then I had to narrow it down to 10. I still feel like I've left out way to many artists and songs. I discovered that I liked songs which have a very long, slow start, and then they ascend to this short but epic ending. Even though I can't say wholeheartedly that The Darkest Star is my absolute favourite, since it's subject to change all the time, I nevertheless feel that this song, and PtA in general, means the most to me.
Here it is:

1) Depeche Mode - The Darkest Star
2) Radiohead - Idioteque
3) Björk - Pagan Poetry
4) Editors - This House is Full of Noise
5) Portishead - We Carry On
6) Sigur Rós - Festival
7) Groove Armada - Edge Hill
8) Mogwai - Friend of the Night
9) Antony and the Johnsons - Hope There's Someone
10) Leftfield - Song of Life

I would be interested in seeing your top tens if you want to make one. :)

~Sister of Night~
view post Posted on 21/4/2010, 20:16

^ Great list! I have tried to make one myself, but I've failed so many times. And it's even worse when some of my favourite songs ever aren't by a band I like that much, I don't know whether to include them or not.
Me and lists just don't mix x)

Idioteque is one of my all-time favourite songs too. Nice to see Mogwai in there too, I hardly know people who like them :)

Angelinda
view post Posted on 22/4/2010, 22:21

Yeah, plus I'll bet that if I was asked to make this list in 6 months time, I might come up with another top ten.
Radiohead is definitely the runner-up on my list, next to Depeche Mode I listen to them the most. Some of Mogwai's stuff is a little bit too heavy for me but in general I like their music, and Friend of the Night certainly stands out of their catalogue.
I know what you mean by favourite songs that aren't by bands or artists that I like in general. I have that with Groove Armada and Leftfield. Even though I'm not a fan of their work, since it's so different, their two songs mean a lot to me. I listen to other artists, for instance NIN and Massive Attack, much more, but with them I don't have an absolute track that means a lot to me. But I wouldn't be surprised if I kicked at least one of them out of the list next time.

Devoted=Lipbalm
view post Posted on 3/5/2010, 16:41

My new love - Villa Nah
This one's "Rainmaker", but they have other amazing songs too! Seriously listen to this song! <3

unspotted
view post Posted on 27/5/2010, 20:27

very few songs make me get off my ass and dance like this one

~Sister of Night~
view post Posted on 5/6/2010, 19:42

This man makes life enjoyable. He's brilliant and I love him sooooooo much!

Edited by ~Sister of Night~ - 5/6/2010, 22:03

Angelinda
view post Posted on 6/6/2010, 19:59

I bought his solo album the week it was out. Go Do is amazing, and Animal Arithmetic is definetely one of the stronger tracks. I've also bought a 7" single of Go Do. His music sounds like from another planet, so surreal!

~Sister of Night~
view post Posted on 7/6/2010, 22:17

Awesome! I love how he's singing mostly in English for a change (I'm more used to Icelandic, but nevermind) And I think I'll order the album as soon as I have some money, it's been a loyal friend these days :)

Pretty random (or not?) but some time ago I found a another Icelandic band, but with a girl singing. This song is really nice!

24 replies since 18/3/2010, 21:11   285 views