Strangers - Depeche Mode Forum

Favourite and Least Favourite DM albums?

« Older   Newer »
Rokka The Relavator
view post Posted on 14/3/2010, 13:45

Alright, list your favourite and least favourite DM albums here :D I'll start -

1.) Ultra
2.) Violator
3.) Black Celebration

I like Ultra because... it's so true to life, you know? Useless and Barrel Of A Gun does it for me. And Home sounds awesome live. I like Violator because it's their best and it was the first DM album I got. There's so many classics there - ETS, PJ, WIME, Sweetest Perfection... I also like BC because well... I love nearly all the songs on it! New Dress is my favourite off that album.

My least favourites are -

1.) Exicter
2.) A Broken Frame
3.) Speak And Spell

Exicter... no offence, but it's anything but exicting! There's a few good tracks there and there. I Am You is a really nice song. ABF is way too poppy and cheesy. I really loved The Sun And The Rainfall. Same with Speak and Spell.I really, really hate JCGE. Photographic is good, but I prefer the Some Bizzare version.

You don't have to explain if you don't want to ^^

Eagly92
view post Posted on 14/3/2010, 15:59

My first ever DM album was Exciter :'DDD I think it's awfully underrated but of course that's my opinion x]

but if I have to choose 3 favourites I'd go with BC, SGR and MFTM. Tomorrow my choises might be different altogether though.
I really can't choose least favourites. In my opinion all DM albums are good in quality. There's isn't a single one I wouldn't listen.

Devoted=Lipbalm
view post Posted on 14/3/2010, 17:43

Wow, this is always so hard!! My favourites are Violator and Some Great Reward.
Maybe the ones that I listen to the least are SOFAD, Ultra and Exciter, but they all have some great, powerful songs. There is something I love in every album.

Violator Celebrator
view post Posted on 7/8/2010, 17:34

I love every album but here's what my list looks like at the moment:

1) Violator
2) Music For The Masses
3) Black Celebration
4) Some Great Reward
5) Sounds Of The Universe
6) Ultra
7) Playing The Angel
8) Exciter
9) Construction Time Again